basement
community

search

wall of shame

technical feedback the thread about load times

joined dec 4, 2022

joined dec 4, 2022

hello. i just posted this announcement

hi people. sorry for the unexpected downtime Monday night - I decided to downgrade the servers the site and API are running on to see if I can get away with using less resources. Please let me know in a PM if you're noticing longer-than-expected load times on the site - orchids

so instead of making you people dm me i opened a thread because thats what one is supposed to do on websites like this one.

so! i'd like to solicit some feedback. do you notice a change in load times this week? where are you located, geographically? are the load times obnoxiously bad?

posted 6/11/2024, 6:05 am

joined dec 4, 2022

joined dec 4, 2022

from my testing, it seems like the load times increased by about half a second and i'm in California, also where the servers are located, so that's not great

posted 6/11/2024, 6:06 am

joined jan 1, 2024

joined jan 1, 2024

The site always lagged a little on my old ThinkPad+Pale Moon combo but it hasn't been anything frustrating. LibreWolf loads things much, much faster though, so I'm suspecting it's just PM's performance. I also wasn't here when the outage happened, this forum is slow and cozy so it's not a big deal though.

posted 6/12/2024, 4:55 pm

technical feedback the thread about load times