basement
community

search

wall of shame

welcomes Hello hello

joined may 18, 2024

Once the wizard, twice still the lizard

joined may 18, 2024

Hey folks! I go by KSymph or other things. I stumbled across this forum through search.marginalia.nu, and I'm glad I did! What a cozy little place.

I'm handheld game systems, particularly old ones (but I'm not picky), both playing and modding. I just managed to mostly sort of fix my Vita after breaking it in a new way last time I opened it up to fix it, so I've been getting some good use out of it recently. (side note, it's insane the games people have ported to the vita in the past few years since I last picked it up!)

I also LOVE movies and will talk about them forever. I generally prefer more relaxed and atmospheric movies, especially if there's an emphasis on visuals and music. Some of my favorites from the past few years: Perfect Days, A Simple Favor, Entergalactic, The Green Knight, Summit of the Gods, Lunana, The Unkown Saint, Knives Out,

I also also like the small web or whatever we're calling it, no surprise there. I've just started working on my own site. It feels really nice to be building an online presence again after ditching social media a few years back. There's still a lot more work to do before there's anything to show, but I'll definitely be sharing it here at some point! Also, I have to say, I'm really digging this forum. The design nails that balance between modern and throwback, it really feels like the best of both worlds, super stylish and easy to use.

That's it. Be seeing yall around!

posted 5/22/2024, 5:59 pm

joined jan 8, 2024

(she/her) they just hate to see a girlboss winning your honor

joined jan 8, 2024

Welcome welcome!!

Omg the PS Vita, one of my older cousins used to have it! The games weren't super special to me at the time though to justify getting one over my 3DS, what games have been ported over to it now? I'm curious, didn't know it was still actively being used!

Knives Out is such a fantastic movie, I like it better than the 2nd movie because it's just so fun with such a tight plotline. Can't wait to see the 3rd one when it comes out.

posted 5/28/2024, 5:01 pm

joined may 18, 2024

Once the wizard, twice still the lizard

joined may 18, 2024

quoting Calypso:

Omg the PS Vita, one of my older cousins used to have it! The games weren't super special to me at the time though to justify getting one over my 3DS, what games have been ported over to it now? I'm curious, didn't know it was still actively being used!

Honestly I didn't even know the Vita existed until a few years ago, I loved my 3DS though, so when I found out there was another severely underrated handheld out there (that was old enough, but not too old, to be reasonably priced) I knew I had to have it haha.

Hollow Knight, Cuphead, Night in the Woods, Sonic Mania, Diablo 1, Fallout 1/2 are some of the big ones. I've only really tried out the Hollow Knight port so far, it's riiiight on the edge of too laggy to be playable haha, still impressive though. Also, Rinnegatamante, who you might recognize from the 3DS homebrew scene, worked their black magic and somehow made a wrapper that allows for most Android games to be played on Vita, so there are also games like Beat Hazard 2, Professor Layton games, Kero Blaster, lots more.

quoting Calypso:

Knives Out is such a fantastic movie, I like it better than the 2nd movie because it's just so fun with such a tight plotline. Can't wait to see the 3rd one when it comes out.

I didn't know there was a third one coming out! I'm excited to see it, I didn't love the second one either but the first was so good.

posted 5/29/2024, 9:35 pm

joined dec 4, 2022

joined dec 4, 2022

welcome to the forum @KSymph!!

I haven't yet gotten into modding, but I just dipped my toes into the hobby by buying a Analogue Pocket, which turned out to be not such a great purchase. I almost feel like the money would have been better spent on a modded gameboy advance SP or something, the Pocket has some weird hardware flaws in that the game cartridges easy get loose and pop out of the socket if you don't put it down gently enough.

Anyway glad you signed up! definitely feel to share about building your own website too - this site isn't necessarily a web development forum, but I think you'll find people here of similar interests

posted 6/11/2024, 4:13 am

welcomes Hello hello