logo by user c1

basement
community

search

wall of shame

analog games Let's Play Ironsworn: Starforged!

joined jun 30, 2023

joined jun 30, 2023

With the recent completion of the Kickstarter, and my personal excitement for The Sundered Isles, I've been itching to start a new Starforged campaign.

What is Starforged? It's the sci-fi follow up to the award-winning (and free) Ironsworn, a GMless, co-op, or small group based TTRPG. One thing I like about the Starforged setting is that it feels very much like a late 70's early 80's sci-fi, where things are a bit more analog, and not entirely done with space or computer magic (of course this may just be my interpretation of it).

Why not just wait a couple of weeks for the Sundered Isles PDF and go on pirate adventures instead? It's simple, I have a physical book for Starforged. While the PDF of Starforged is great and everything is a click away, I just work better with books, besides my laptop will be used to take notes, and I find clicking between documents to be cumbersome. I will likely incorporate elements from The Sundered Isles at some point.

I will say that I'm not 100% sure how to handle a LP of a solo TTRPG, but the first order of business will be working through the Truths workbook and creating a character. I'll go more into the mechanics as I go along. I probably won't be explaining everything every time, but at least the first time I'll explain how I got to what happened.

posted 4/9/2024, 6:30 pm

joined jun 30, 2023

joined jun 30, 2023

Update: I can't find my Starforged book, so since I'm going to be doing PDF, I'll be doing the Sundered Isles, which should be available for backers next week!

posted 4/17/2024, 1:24 pm

analog games Let's Play Ironsworn: Starforged!